Pages

The Magic Of Christmas

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

 
 
The WPlus9 release got me in the mood to start making Christmas cards.  Before that I just wasn't feelin' it.  It helps also, that the weather has started to cool down and make it feel like the holidays are actually not that far off.
 
 
For both of my cards I used one of the Landscape Border dies to create a mask.  Inside the masked area I stamped this little snowflake cluster from Winter Woodland in three different colors before removing the mask. I stamped the sentiment, also from Winter Woodland, in Versafine ink.

 
Each card front is framed out using the largest stitched rectangle from the Holiday Apertures die set.  After die cutting the Stag Trio from black cardstock, I chose the two I wanted to use on my cards, coated them with clear Wink Of Stella, and adhered them with foam adhesive.
 
 
You can reuse your mask over and over again which makes making these cards super easy to mass produce. 
 
 
 To me, the movement of the snowflakes towards the reindeer is like Christmas magic giving the reindeer flight.
Thanks so much for stopping by!


Cardstock: WP9 Cupid's Bow, White
Stamps: WP9 Winter Woodland
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Versafine Black Onyx
Dies: WP9 Stag Trio, Holiday Apertures, Landscape Borders
Other: Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen

11 comments :

  1. Gorgeous stamping, so much movement here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a pretty pair of cards! The second is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a wonderful and beautiful pair of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful array of snowflakes! I believe I must get that stitched border die. It really adds the perfect little something :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so perfect, Kara! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that "leaping" deer Kara...so cute with the little snowflake trail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Sage is quite upset with me that I didn't order these dies... your cards have me thinking that I should have...

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are both fabulous. Love the masking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this masking technique and that deer! Fun and I want cooler weather like you maybe not as cold as your mornings..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great designs with the masking--love the deer!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |