Pages

Obsessed

Saturday, August 30, 2014

 
I'm back with another card using the same technique of copic refills on glossy paper from DCWV. This time I used a monochromatic color scheme and more gold foil paper.
I have been having so much fun experimenting with this technique.
I've thrown away a few things that just didn't turn out right, but I just love the way the ink looks on this glossy paper.  You have to be careful when you die cut a piece like this because the metal can scratch the ink off of the paper.  Also the ink will stick to your die cutting plate, but just a little alcohol on a cotton ball takes it right off.  Oh, and you'll have to do that to your die too, but it only takes a second to do.
 
 
I inlaid the gold foil piece and layered a popped up die cut word over that to create my sentiment. No stamping!
 

 
Such a fun technique. 
Let me know if you try it!
 
 
 
 

Cardstock: WP9 White, Ballet Slippers, JAMpaper Gold Foil Paper, DCWV Whiteboard Paper
Dies: WP9 Seasonal Sentiments, Hand Lettered Thanks
Other: Copic Refills

6 comments :

  1. I can see why you are addicted to it...looks very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been experimenting with Tim Holtz alcohol inks and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun look! Love the inlaid gold cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! loving the alcohol inks and the inlaid stencil :) fabulous! thank you for playing a long with simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |