Pages

Wallpaper Stamping

Monday, July 28, 2014

 
What do you do when you're on the phone?
I pace, I doodle, I pluck my eyebrows {lol, I can't sit still}, and sometimes I come up with patterns....
I was poking the end of a pen into my hand and making this pattern out of circles and thought, "Hey, I'm going to try that on my next card!"
 
 
I used the small open circle from the original Polka Dot Basics stamp set.
Then I colored each circle with my Copics.
I stamped my sentiment over my background and embossed it with clear embossing powder to help it stand out.
 
 
This week's Make It Monday is focused on
stamping your own background or 'wallpaper'.
My wallpaper has a bit of a 70's flair to it.  Perfect for a young boy I think!

 
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week!


Cardstock: PTI White
Stamps: PTI Polka Dot Basics, SS Birthday
Ink: Memento Black, Versafine Onyx
Other: Copics, Clear Embossing Powder

20 comments :

  1. Great boy card, Kara. Like your self created design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me, but I don’t pluck my eyebrows I need a magnifying mirror for that :)
    Love your background! I am happy to know it does not have to be diamond shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background, and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what creativity is all about - nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colors are fab, idea is genius, love the pattern = great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Kara...and I have to agree with you, not sure how we all existed before cell phones and computers. So fun and so perfect for a guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about stamping your heart out! Go girl! Love the circle wallpaper you created. Thanks for participating in this week's Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kara--how long did it take you to do this design! It's awesome--great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool 70s flair...love it Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design! So creative and inspiring, just like everything you do is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun design Kara, the polka dots look great in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! You're busy mind is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kara, this is so pretty!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this is amazing!! What a clever idea : ) Your cards never disappoint!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't sit still while talking on the phone, but a stroke of brilliance like this pattern has never come to me. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so amazingly patient!! To stamp each circle and then color them all...WOW! Very fun card! Worth your efforts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kara this is so clever!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |