Pages

Golden Scallops

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

 
Hi!
I finally used my new Tropical Teal cardstock.
It's a beautiful color, but much darker than I expected.
Something I'll use in small doses.  I think I'll like the ink better than the cardstock.
 
 
To create this background I applied Versamark ink directly to the stencil, turned the stencil over onto my card front, rubbed it to transfer the ink, and finally gold embossed it.
I expected the scallops to be solid, but like the way it turned out with just the outline.
  
 
 
 
Hope you're having a great day!

Cardstock: PTI White, Tropical Teal
Stamps: PTI Garden Grace
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Versamark
Dies: PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Other: Copic Marker, Filigree Gold Embossing Powder, Heidi Swapp Scallop Stencil

7 comments :

  1. This is beautiful. What a great idea to use the versamark on the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. The gold stenciling is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the partially cut butterfly with the teal peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the look you got by putting the Versamark on the stencil. And the gold & Tropical Teal are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pattern on the popped up butterfly panel. Love the teal! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is gorgeous, Kara! I love how you created that panel and then die cut the butterfly from it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you and the new tropical teal. Its a bold color that probably is best used in small doses. BTW, was at Michaels last weekend and used your swatch/sample post to help me pick out what Heidi inks to buy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |