Pages

The Lost Art......

Thursday, February 7, 2013

 
.........of letter writing.
 
 
When I heard, yesterday, that the US Postal Service was
discontinuing delivery service on Saturdays my
 heart sunk {sank?} just a little bit.  I love texting and
 emailing as much as the next person,
but I also {obviously} love handwritten notes and letters. 

 
After seeing this beautiful tutorial,
I decided to make myself some personalized stationary.
Instead of paint I used some of my stamping inks.
Of course, it had to have a little bit of gold
 which is funny because I never liked gold. 
 All of my jewelry is white gold or silver. 
Lately, it just seems less old-fashioned and more ethereal. 
I like it.





 
 
A little video I made us ing the vine app.
Are you on vine?
 
 
Do you write letters?  What was the last letter you received?
I got a beautiful letter from a life-long friend
 telling me she was going to have her first baby.
It was such a beautiful letter and I get to keep it forever!
 
 
 



Paper: Watercolor Paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China and Brick Red, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Dies: PTI Block Alphabet
Other: PTI Glassine Bag and Twine, Gold Embossing Powder

13 comments :

  1. This is so beautiful I can't stand it. And I like your set better than the tutorial one. AMAZING, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Kara! And - YES - I write letters - I still write to my pen pal Sarah in New Zeeland that I got through a pen-pal service when I was in 3rd grade. A long time ago we decided not to start writing e-mails to eachother and have kept it that way. She's the best - and I can tell her EVERYTHING in my letters - really cheap therapy (-:!!!
    But the other day, when I asked my students to fill in their addresses many of them didn't know their zip code - I was chocked but then realized they hardly ever write it out. Sorry about the long comment!
    Have a great week-end, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made something for yourself. And, no I am not on Vine because I am a neanderthal, and have never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!
    And I once went to hear an author speak and though he relies heavily on his computer...
    he remarked how he just enjoys handwritten letters...
    letters received in a actual mailbox...
    with a stamp...
    and not a "ping" on the computer.
    I know when Patrick was away...
    especially in Egypt for 6 months...
    I used to rush home everyday to check the mail for an envelope from him...
    phone calls were so rare...
    but cards and letters...
    they were my sanity.
    I miss this dying artform and love how you have celebrated it!
    And I'm really loving that pen too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely set!
    When does this take effect (the non-delivery on Saturdays)? I was going to go on Saturday to check my box... maybe I'll have to go tomorrow instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Kara. You make gold look so awesome every time, unlike anyone!

    I didn't know that about the USPS. How sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, Suzanne, starting in August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh how adorable is this! You make me smile, when I see you using so much gold, love it! I will check out the video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kara this set is out of this world beautiful!!
    You inspired me to try my hand at a bit of water colouring !! Thank you!!

    http://www.rosestamps.blogspot.ca/2013/02/pti-yof-card.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are pretty... I am a letter writer, but I should send more.... I got a Valentine's Day card in the mail today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Kara! Love the video!!!

    I was sad when I heard about the change to delivery too!

    Change, change, change....
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |