Pages

White Pumpkin Topiary

Thursday, November 15, 2012

 
I had so much fun working with my mom and dad on this project. Last year we got together to work on decorating my chandelier for Christmas. I guess that's where I get my desire to craft and create things. When I was growing up my mom and her best friend used to make all kinds of things to sell at craft fairs. I would see them working hard on their projects and displays, but also having so much fun.
 
 
 
  My mom isn't the only creative parent I have; my dad is just as talented. He was a hairdresser for more than 40 years and now works arranging flowers. He just has that eye. He also likes to paint and draw. He used to help me anytime I had the chance to do a creative project in school.
 
 
So this year's project is this pumpkin topiary for my Thanksgiving dinner table. It's another Pinterest project that I just loved. Then the other day, at Michael's, I found these pumpkins at 90% off!! I knew just what I'd do with them. All of the other bits and pieces I had left over from a fall wreath I made with my mom a few years ago.
 
Lady came to check out what we were doing!

 
Looking forward to having this table full of family next week!
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

  1. Kara that topiary is so awesome. I lov your story and that you were getting crafty with your parents--heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project, and how fun that you have two crafty parents. Must be in the genes, then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love that your dad is so handy with a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your sweet post today, Kara. I think its wonderful that you all worked together on this beautiful project. So we know where you get your incredible talent from. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I love those pumpkins and what you did with them (along with your dad!) is terrific! Just beautiful-- a wonderful addition to your table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!
    I loved it from first peek...
    and pumpkins at 90% off...
    SCORE!!! :)
    But the time you got to spend with your parents...
    and I loved hearing about your dad...
    tell him he rocked this...
    that's the best part of all this!
    And I admire your bravery for hosting Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Kara! Love your classy white pumpkins! And how wonderful to have your parents share in your crafty project. Your dad looks like a pro with the glue gun! Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! And how fun to get the pumpkins on sale! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your sweet story! The topiary is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |