Pages

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Tuesday, October 14, 2008


I got this recipe from Cooking Light. It is so good and easy to make. I made it yesterday and the house smelled delicious. I hate to cook, love to bake. I am lucky to have a husband who enjoys cooking (most nights) and is really good at it. He just has instincts for flavors that go well together that I just do not have. Baking on the other hand is fun. I just don't do it that often because I love sweets and I will pretty much eat it ALL. This recipe is pretty guilt free as far as deserts go.

Enjoy!




Yield
32 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla pudding
4 large egg whites
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray


Preparation


Preheat oven to 350°.


Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on a wire rack, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.


Nutritional Information


Calories: 152 (30% from fat)
Fat: 5g (sat 1.2g,mono 2.5g,poly 1.1g)
Protein: 2g
Carbohydrate: 26.5g
Fiber: 1.1g
Cholesterol: 0.0mg
Iron: 1mg
Sodium: 137mg
Calcium: 10mg


Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2004



I also used my Papertrey Ink stamp set to wrap the other loaf as a gift for friends who, since the accident last week, are lending us their truck until we find a new car.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |